A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) caused by an external force to the head. Concussion symptoms can include:
- Blurred vision or light sensitivity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Balance and coordination
- Anxiety, sadness, irritability or more emotional
- Neck pain or whiplash
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory or confusion
- Sleep difficulties.
Most concussions recover within a few weeks; however, recovery may take longer depending on certain circumstances. Habit Health have a team of experts that can help with delayed concussion recovery through the ACC concussion service.
We understand that sometimes recovery from a concussion can be long and frustrating. That’s why we’re here to help and support you through the process.
Throughout your recovery, you may work with some of the following experts:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech-Language Therapists
- Medical specialists experienced with brain injuries
- Vocation rehabilitation therapists.
The important thing to know is that concussions are not permanent and with the right support and advice, you should make a good recovery.
For information about concussions, check out our blog post here;