Employment Service in Schools
Free Employment Service in Schools
Habit Health is excited to be involved in this pilot programme. ESiS is a new programme designed to assist students seeking employment in the Greater Wellington region.
Our team at Habit Health is experienced working with job seekers and obtaining employment for clients with disabilities and health conditions.
Whether you’re seeking work experience, your first job or study
Habit Health can help you with all aspects of your job search, from goal-setting and career guidance to CV preparation, personal development and how to apply.
We also offer help with interview coaching and interpersonal skills. This service is designed to assist young people with disabilities and health conditions.
Employers & agencies equipped to better support you
Habit Health works directly with employers, helping them to adapt workspaces or training and offering guidance around how to provide continued support and growth opportunities. We also offer services to assist employers in seeking staff.
Check to see if you qualify for the Free Employment Service in Schools programme
- You are enrolled at a participating school. Check with your school.
- You are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- You are in your final two years of school and aged between 14 and 21.
- You are neuro-diverse or have a disability, health condition or mental health condition that is a barrier to employment and is likely to be so for 6 months or more.
- You do not qualify for ACC funding to support your transition from school.
- You do not currently access MSD Funded Transition Services.
Let’s get you set up for success
We will work with you and your family/whānau/aiga and school support staff to:
- Empower you to set and achieve your goals.
- Deliver training on pre-employment skills.
- Support you to gain work experience and employment.
- Provide post-placement support to you and your employer to overcome barriers.
- Support enrolment into other services.
Your support team
Your Habit Health Vocational Consultant works with you to set goals related to work and the future and then helps you to put a plan in place to achieve them. This skilled and knowledgeable professional has experience working with clients that have varying abilities and health conditions.
How to enrol in the programme
Contact your school and let them know you would like to enrol for employment support with Habit Health. Your school will ask you to complete a consent form. We’ll then check you qualify for the programme and arrange to meet with you and your family/whānau /aiga.