Habit Health Scholarship and Graduate Programmes
Habit Health Māori & Pasifika Scholarship Programme
Applications for this year’s Scholarship Programme open on 1 April 2022!
Bookmark this page or email email@example.com to express your interest and we’ll send you the link once the applications are open!
Our scholarship programme offers financial support and mentoring for Māori and Pasifika students studying physiotherapy, occupational therapy, occupational health nursing, counselling or psychology degrees. The scholarship programme empowers students to expand and grow in this rewarding health care field, building on their understanding and knowledge.
Whatever stage you are at in your studies, we want to hear from motivated and high performing Māori or Pasifika health students in this space.
Scholarship Applicant Requirements
- Applications are open to students of Māori or Pacific Island descent who are citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand.
- You must be enrolled in one of the following approved tertiary courses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Counselling
- Master’s degree in Clinical or Health Psychology
- Post Graduate diploma endorsed in Occupational Health Nursing
Successful scholarship recipients will receive:
- Second-year funding of $500
- Final year funding of $2,000 to be paid upon confirmation of acceptance into your final year of study
Habit Health can provide student placements across New Zealand throughout your qualification. This is perfect for your final year as you receive first-hand exposure and experience of working at Habit Health. This will require coordination with your tertiary institution and may not be available in all regions, but we will do our best to accommodate you.
Paid summer internship
A paid summer internship during the summer break prior to your final year of study. Summer internships run from 4–8 weeks, between 30-40 hours per week at selected locations. Your tasks may include rehab coaching, administrative tasks, projects and shadowing our clinicians in practice.
Mentorship provided by a Habit Health employee to support you on your study journey and will be available to answer any questions you have. Please keep in contact as much as possible so we can support you in the best ways possible.
Habit Health Graduate Programme
Applications for the Habit Health Graduate Programme open 1 August 2022!
Bookmark this page now or email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and we’ll send you the link once the applications are open!
What to expect from our Graduate Programme
Habit Health’s Graduate Programme offers full-time employment to physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling graduates. You’ll have the chance to learn about working in your chosen field while being part of our supportive and dedicated team of highly qualified health and rehabilitation experts.
Graduates will gain an understanding of our holistic approach, along with valuable insight into complementary disciplines, through the interdisciplinary rehabilitation pathways we provide our clients so they can live their best life.
If you are in your final year of studying physiotherapy, occupational therapy or counselling we would love to hear from you!
Habit Health operates nationwide, and locations for vacancies will be specified when applications open.
12-Month Graduate Programme
- Shadowing a clinical supervisor
- Supervised appointments with clients
- Initial rehabilitation strategies for core services
- Case presentation meetings
- Weekly in-services with your cohort and experienced clinicians
- National support group
- Six monthly rotations (region-specific) throughout your region to ensure exposure to a diverse caseload of clients
Supervision and Mentorship
- Each graduate will have a senior clinician nominated as their supervisor.
- Supervision meetings are formally structured on a weekly basis, with additional on-the-go supervision and mentorship.
Continuing Professional Development
- CPD plan will be developed for each graduate specifying external professional development activities that complement our internal programme.
- Further development opportunities during the programme include cultural excellence and clinical skills.
What we offer
If you're looking to kickstart your clinical career with New Zealand’s largest integrated healthcare provider, this is the perfect opportunity for you. With close mentorship and support, you'll gain experience across a variety of services and build your skill set through professional development and internal training.
As an employee from day one, you’ll receive:
- a competitive base salary
- dedicated training and guidance through our nationwide Internal Education Programme
- professional development budget
- access to a full range of employee benefits that support your career
- a supportive and inclusive team culture