Escalated Care Pathway (ECP)
Escalated Care Pathway (ECP) was co-designed with ACC to support clients presenting with complex knee, shoulder and lower back conditions.
Available in the South Island.
If you have a lower back, knee or shoulder injury or pain, see if you are eligible for our fully funded rehabilitation programme through the Escalated Care Pathway. Better still, the programme is fully funded.
By referring your patient to the Habit Health Escalated Care Pathway, you’re contributing to a simpler treatment process that accelerates and im-proves patient recovery. Better still, the programme is fully funded, and our ‘four-click’ referral system from ERMS.
Who can access Escalated Care Pathway?
Patients in the South Island with lower back, shoulder, and knee conditions that aren’t improving with normal primary care treatment or who have significant injuries (surgical or non-surgical) are eligible for the programme. Eligible knee, shoulder or lumbar spine patients will meet any of the following criteria:
- Significant mechanism of injury
- Significant injury / signs and symptoms
- Unresolved symptoms after 6 weeks
- Off work longer than 2 weeks or at risk of going off work
- Not improving as expected with conservative treatment
- Other risk factors, e.g. multiple medications or social factors that require wrap-around support
Why Choose ECP?
- A fully funded service
- Telehealth access
- Assigned Health Navigator
- Required equipment provided via courier
- Fast track to surgery
- Reduce backlogs
- Integration with High-Tech Imaging (HTI) pilot